Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I am...


I am...
I am a mess of brunette wavy hair, falling down my back in tangled curls and bangs constantly in my eyes
I am brown, tired eyes from the unnecessary late nights
I am pale skin that never seems to just tan but to burn then fade
I am sarcasm, and stupid jokes
I am your favorite song, that you can’t help but sing along to
I am your favorite pair shoes, worn and falling apart, holding stories within their seams
I am the campfire burning in the night's air
I am the summer nights spent searching for lightning bugs
I am countless movies and books
I am the hollowed out book resting on my bookshelf, hiding the things I hold close
I am the smell of flowers
I am the waves crashing on the shore of the ocean
I am world that is under the surface of water
I am the curiosity we are all gifted with
I am the late night drives taking you down paths you've never explored before
I am the wind pulling in the dark clouds and the smell of rain
I am the feeling of summer, and the hope for fun times
I am every wish, hope and dream that has passed through my mind
I am the thoughts of college and the worries and hopes I have for the future
I am the poems that I have written in my head but not on paper
I am the late nights with my friends spent laughing until we can’t breathe
I am the people I love
I am the art I create
I am the memories I've made          

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your poem, in a way, I think it matches your blog background...if that makes sense. My favorite line was, "I am the late night drives taking you down paths you've never explored before"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog background, too, and I connected to the line about the shoes "holding stories within their seams." I also like and can relate to the idea of "poems that I have written in my head but not on paper." And the people I love are so central to who I am as well. Thanks, Cora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the line "I am the memories I've made." Also, yes, you are all sarcasm and stupid jokes. I agree. Ya dork.

    ReplyDelete