Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Pillow

When I see that pillow it makes me think of the sleepless nights that leave you aching for rest, but empty of any such thing. I think of all the nights my mind was running faster than I could comprehend and the nights where I wished for sleep but nothing of the sorts was anywhere near. I think of the times that I lay staring at my ceiling covered in glow in the dark stickers shaped like tiny little stars and planets. I think about how not a single one of my pillows feels comfortable on nights like these and my covers suffocate me but leave me freezing if they are not around me. This pillow reminds me of the nights I spent reading “one more chapter” or watching “just one more episode” instead of sleeping. It reminds me of the times where I didn’t have time for sleep, whether it be homework, or if I’m out with my friends, or just myself thats keeping me up. It reminds me of the sleepless nights.

1 comment:

  1. I know just what you mean about not being able to find a comfortable combination of pillows and blankets on restless nights. I also do the "one more chapter" thing more often than I should on school nights.

    ReplyDelete