Friday, February 6, 2015

If I Were in Charge of the World

If I were in charge of the world
I'd cancel early mornings,
mental illness,
cancer, and also
poverty

If I were in charge of the world
there'd be no wars,
no crazy college fees, and
more equality.

If I was in charge of the world
you wouldn't have sadness.
You wouldn't have heartbreak.
You wouldn't have homework or tests.
Or days that should have been a snow day but weren't.
You wouldn't even have to go if it snowed at all.

 If I was in charge of the world
a box full of different kinds of chocolate
would be a vegetable.
All endings would be happy.
And a person who sometimes forgot assignments
and sometimes forgot to call
would still be allowed to be
in charge of the world.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the snow days! Wasn't the long break this week just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wish for no wars and lower tuition. Knowing so many people with cancer and mental illness has made me a different person. I've always wished I could help more than I can. Your love and kindness really shines through this poem and I love that.

    ReplyDelete