Friday, February 20, 2015

“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.” -The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

This first sentence us from The Great Gatsby. This book is about a guy who moves to the city in a small house right next to a huge mansion. When the neighbors meet, the man in the mansion is revealed as Gatsby. Gatsby is known for the wild parties he throws that later we find out are ways he’s tried to lure his long lost lover Daisy back to him. By coincidence Gatsby’s new neighbor happens to be related to Daisy. Thus begins the story of Gatsby, Daisy, Daisy’s husband and the main character.
I have already this book last year and I liked it, but I think maybe there was so much hype around it with the movie coming out and everything that it had my expectations a little too high. I might read it again but it’s definitely not my favorite at all. I’m not a fan of the ending which could have been prevented.

“Maybe I will go to Paris. Who knows? But I’ll sure as hell never go back to Texas again.”
-The Final Country by James Crumley

The last sentence I chose is from The Final Country. This book is about Milo, he lives in Texas and is bored with his life, and not doing great with his relationship. Milo runs a tavern that cleans dirty money. Milo was tired of what his life was and he wanted change. That’s when he bumps into a tall man who has just killed a drug dealer. Now Texas is attempting to find the killer and Milo is thrown into a world of money, and crime.
I would probably read this book, it sounds fast pace and interesting. I like the idea behind it and want to know what happens to Milo and the killer. This book sounds like it could be really interesting to read. I like books about crime and mystery to keep you on the edge of your seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment