Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dreams

Dreams are something that I enjoy looking into and learning about. I like knowing what they may mean and why I’m having them. I tend to have a lot of the same dreams or dreams with similar events. I do believe that you can lucid dream as I have done so before. It’s one of the most strange experiences I've been through and it’s happened many times. Normally I’m dreaming of something really weird or impossible in real life and then I think, how is this possible? That’s when I realize that I’m dreaming, most times that’s when I wake up because I've become aware of the fact that I’m asleep. But every once in awhile I stay asleep and am able to do whatever I like. Normally this is flying or breathing under water in the ocean. I've only actually stayed asleep around three times.
I do think that dreams have a deeper meaning or are symbolic to something happening in your life. I look up what dreams mean online and in books. One that I had quite a bit over summer was that I pregnant, I found that it meant that I was ready for a new chapter in my life, that I was ready for change. And I most definitely was ready for a change and something new. I also had a dream I was teaching my friend how how to smoke out of a bong which was actually a perfume bottle and then I turned away and when I turned back it wasn't my friend. It was my little first grade brother. I had a dream that I had taught my little brother how to smoke out of a bong. I feel that dream means I’m scared of being a bad influence or someone that isn't good to look up to. I had a really big part in raising my brother since I’m so much older than him and I really want him to have a good role model.
Dreams are strange and funny and scary and I love looking into them and finding out what they may mean or interpreting them for myself. I've had many strange dreams one of which my father took about twenty cats shark hunting and I would truly love to know what that one could mean. I like to write them down so I don’t forget them, otherwise I slowly lose memory of them as the day goes on until I either have a hint of what it was about but can’t express it into words or I don’t remember at all. I wish we could remember every detail or had a way to save them and watch them later.

2 comments:

  1. You are right--so many of our dreams, even the seemingly important ones, just disappear into the day and we never think of them again. I've also had dreams that I've taught people "bad" things and can relate to what you said about some uncertainty about being a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wished for a way to save my dreams so I could see them again later. I find that sometimes the strangest dreams are the most important, like you've kind of explained here. I, however, have never been able to lucid dream. The way you describe it makes it sound so fun!

    ReplyDelete